Meanwhile, Professor Cath Noakes of SAGE said hugs should be selective, short, and avoid face-to-face contact.
Pubs (indoors) and sports classes also reopen next week, meaning punters can have friendly intimate contact with pint glasses and dumbells, at last.
“Friendly, intimate, selective, short contact” sounds great and not awkward at all and we can’t wait to hug our friends for one second before bathing in hand sanitizer for an hour. It also sounds like something Curtis Pritchard from Love Island would say. Also great.
- Homeowner goes viral on TikTok after finding ‘secret passageway’ in 148-year-old house
- Woman ‘shaves’ legs with sandpaper in viral TikTok and it’s blowing people’s minds
- Father sparks debate over reaction to having a girl in viral gender reveal TikTok video
- Ex-Britain First deputy got just 46 votes in Scottish Parliament election and people found it hilarious
- All the things which did better than Laurence Fox’s London mayoral campaign
Here are eight of the best memes and reactions to the clunky phrase:
So there we have it. Friendly, intimate contact but a week away. Set your alarms now.