The controversial Republican senator from Texas has made a habit of showing off just how much he knows about things such as The Simpsons, The Avengers and The Princess Bride, all of which have resulted in their fair share of mockery.
However, the 50-year-old might have outdone himself with a tweet that he posted on Tuesday in response to a so-called ‘woke’ CIA recruitment video that has attracted a lot of derision from US conservatives.
The video was originally posted by the CIA in March but has gained more attention after being shared on Twitter and attracting criticism for the type of language used in the clip, which has been labelled as ‘woke.’
Cruz quote retweeted the video with a peculiar question: “If you’re a Chinese communist, or an Iranian Mullah, or Kim Jong Un...would this scare you?” This odd line of questioning was made even stranger with Cruz’s next line: “We’ve come a long way from Jason Bourne.”
- Bill Gates announces he’s getting divorced - here’s how the internet reacted
- Billie Eilish fans defend singer after her Vogue cover sparks debate about her body
- TikToker told to leave partner after he was caught rolling his eyes during Live Photo
- Woman wearing bikini at a Hawaii beach told to leave beach by angry mother
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
Jason Bourne is a secret agent with amnesia best known for being played by Matt Damon in the incredibly popular film series based on the novels by Robert Ludlum.
It really doesn’t take a genius to realise that Bourne wasn’t a real person making it completely puzzling as to what kind of point Cruz was trying to get at here.
Inevitably, Cruz saw his tweet getting mercilessly mocked as he seems incapable of separating reality from fiction.
It appears that Cruz has another entry to his 2021 scrapbook which is shaping up to be one of the most embarrassing for any Republican politician in recent memory.