“People aren’t opening their windows because they are afraid it will go into their house,” one woman reportedly said.
However, after an inspection of the tree, officials discovered that the animal was not a reptile, a bird or even anything alive – but rather a croissant stuck in the bush.
The Krakow Animal Welfare Society claim the report was genuine.
Posting on their Facebook page, the group said the society had asked the hysterical caller if the suspected dangerous animal, which lurked in the tree for two days, could have been a bird of prey.
- Tesco shopper ordered apples but got an iPhone in his delivery
- Woman discovers she is related to her boyfriend after taking a DNA test
- Reddit just realized that Jerry Seinfeld’s TV apartment defies the laws of science
- TikTok user reveals ‘dirty’ meaning behind ‘Macarena’ and people’s childhoods are ruined
- 20 jokes only very intelligent people will understand
The woman answered that it could be a “lagun” - the Polish word for lagoon – before saying she meant it might be a “legwan”, the Polish word for iguana.
The Krakow Animal Welfare Society guessed it was probably not a reptile because they cannot cope in Poland’s climate but did wonder if it was an abandoned pet.
However, when they got to the scene, they found the French breakfast pastry, which was probably thrown out of the window to feed the birds.
Luckily, they saw the funny side of the situation and said that people ought to be alert and call them for any suspected case of animal welfare, even if it turns out to be a croissant, not an iguana.