The couple’s one-year-old daughter, Betty, has, like many other children, become obsessed with the yellow cartoon Baby Shark that accompanies the ‘earworm’ song with the same name.
Posting on Instagram, actor Reynolds shared a novel solution to his problem that involved the back catalogue of his fellow actor wife, Lively.
In the post, he wrote: “My one year old daughter is obsessed with Baby Shark. All day. Every day. There’s only one way to fix this.”
Alongside the caption, he posted three images of his wife Lively’s 2016 horror film, The Shallows.
- Oscars 2021: All the best memes and reactions to the 93rd Academy Awards
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- A 90lb teenager slammed face-first into concrete by cop for filming arrest in Florida
- Man explains why he refused to give pregnant woman his seat on the bus
- Academy Awards 2021: Behind the scenes pictures that show what the Oscars are really like
In the film, the actress plays surfer Nancy who becomes stranded off the coast and finds herself in a life or death battle with a great white shark.
Lively shared the post on her Instagram stories, writing: “…Well at least they’ll have ample content for therapy.”
Fans found the idea hilarious, with one writing, “you kill me”.
One person commented: “Well that’s one way to introduce her to mommy’s movies.”
Another joked: “‘Baby shark grew up, and tried to eat mommy! Do you still love baby shark?’”
Lively also referenced another thriller movie she’s in, should they need to employ the tactic again in future.
She commented on her husband’s post: “She’s gonna love Savages.”