Join the news democracyWhere your votes decide the Top 100
Elon Musk is known for his pretty absurd, outlandish tweets.
One second he’s tweeting about a Chinese poem that’s actually about beans, and the next he’s saying that he’s willing to spend $6 billion to fight world hunger (with some pretty big conditions). And now he's challenging Vladimir Putin to a fight...
The Tesla CEO also revealed that he hits send on most of his unhinged tweets all while on the toilet. So, yeah; nothing is off-limits in terms of what he’ll be saying next.
While reflecting on his many social media posts, we couldn’t help but think of another wise man we’ve watched over the years, Homer Simpson.
Sign up to our new free Indy100 weekly newsletter
Simpson is associated with his laconic everyman wisdom that bears a striking resemblance to the sporadic knowledge dropped on Musk’s Twitter page, so much so it just became hard to ignore.
That’s why we’ve put together a fun little quiz featuring a selection of 16 of the two men’s most bizarre and amusing quotes. All you have to do is guess whether Elon Musk or Homer Simpson said them.
1. “I am selling almost all physical possessions. Will own no house.”
A. Elon Musk
B. Homer Simpson
2. “It’s so simple to be wise… just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it.”
A. Elon Musk
3. “Some secrets are too dangerous to be free.”
4. “When the zombie apocalypse happens, you’ll be glad you bought a flamethrower.”
5. “The rumor that Bill Gates & I are lovers is completely untrue.”
6. “It takes two to lie; one to lie, and one to listen.”
7. “Facts are meaningless.”
8. “His name is Gary & he’s a snail.”
9. “Trying is the first step towards failure.”
10. “Apparently, there is this thing called ‘Dad jokes’ and I make them.”
11. “Thinking of quitting my jobs and becoming an influencer full-time.”
12. “Panic is always dumb.”
13. “Being popular is the most important thing in the whole world.”
14. “I never apologize… I’m sorry but that’s the way I am.”
15. “Stupidity got us into this mess, and stupidity will get us out.”
16. “I put the art in fart.”
1. Elon Musk 2. Homer Simpson 3. Elon Musk 4. Elon Musk 5. Elon Musk 6. Homer Simpson 7. Homer Simpson 8. Elon Musk 9. Homer Simpson 10. Elon Musk 11. Elon Musk 12. Elon Musk 13. Homer Simpson 14. Homer Simpson 15. Homer Simpson 16. Elon Musk
Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.