In recent years, many people have found themselves becoming increasingly engaged in politics.
But despite that, how much do we really know about what one of our representatives actually does during a workweek?
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, U.S. Representative for New York’s 14th congressional district, has expertly used social media to communicate with voters, keeping them in the loop.
A video shared on her Twitter account, captioned, “Ever wonder what a Representative does in a week, anyway? Here’s what I‘ve been up to since Monday,” showed voters what the representative does during a workweek.
- Woman speechless after hairdresser edits selfie of her new hairstyle
- Heartbreaking picture shows Queen sitting alone ahead of Philip’s funeral – here’s how the Internet reacted
- Neighbour’s note urging woman to dump ‘whiny’ boyfriend sparks domestic abuse debate
- The 18 best memes and reactions as M&S declares war on Aldi over Colin the Caterpillar
- Reddit just realized that Jerry Seinfeld’s TV apartment defies the laws of science
In the clip, she said: “Okay everybody, it is Friday. Leaving the office and I just figured I’d give you guys an update, because, what does a member of Congress do in a week anyway?”
The Representative went on to describe what she had been up to, including launching a programme to reimburse funeral costs for people who have lost someone to Covid-19.
She also helped fight for a two-week hotel stay for residents in Jackson Heights whose building had been destroyed by a fire.
The entire video was captioned, with everything she said typed out word for word, making it far more accessible.
AOC ended the video, saying, “so here’s a picture of a pretty sunset I took this week.”
Relatable, transparent and inspiring the next generation of voters.