According to cameraman Dimitri Lotovski on Twitter, Serezhkina can then be heard pleading with the pup to “stop” and “come here”, as she chases it across the bridge where she was giving the report.
After the camera operator follows the reporter’s pursuit, the broadcast cuts back to a startled presenter in the studio.
“It seems we’ve lost connection with our reporter. We will attempt to get in touch with her again,” she is reported to have said.
- Chinese takeaway goes viral for savage responses to customers
- Greta Thunberg pulls off ultimate April Fools’ prank
- 10ft snake pulled from toilet after biting man’s bum
- 21 of the funniest and most cringe April Fools’ Day 2021 jokes
- Man’s marriage proposal brutally rejected in front of a busy shopping mall
The clip was shared by fellow journalist Ali Özkök on Friday, with Twitter users throwing their support behind the mischievous mutt:
Others, given the video’s location, questioned whether it was part of a much more secretive operation:
Some users, meanwhile, commented on the professionalism of Serezhkina’s colleagues, with the camera operator quick to capture the escapade and the studio presenter refusing to crack a smile:
The dog was revealed to be called Martin. According to the dog’s owner, he was attracted to the brightly coloured piece of equipment, thinking it was a toy.
In a follow-up tweet, Özkök revealed that Serezhkina was able to retrieve her stolen microphone from the dog – albeit with some bite marks visible at the top of it.