Kanye West appeared on SNL dressed as a bottle of Perrier.
Yeah, that's where we are at.
The rapper performed onstage and then stayed to give a politically-charged speech about his support for Donald Trump, his pledge to run for president in 2020 and lots of other
pseudo-intellectual ramblings like the need for 'dialogue not diatribe.'
He lamented: 'So many times I talk to a white person and [they] say 'How could you like Trump, he's racist?'
Well, if I was concerned about racist I would've moved out of America a long time ago...You wanna see the sunken place? Okay, I'ma listen to y'all now. I'ma put my superman cape on, because this means you can't tell me what to do...You want the world to move forward? Try love.
According to Variety, the whole thing was a little strange, and one witness even said 'the entire studio fell dead silent' and 'booed him' at least twice.
His appearance on SNL was scrutinised online
1. Kanye fans were weirded out
2. Others praised his social media strategy
3. 'Full on Galaxy Brain'
4. Meme creation is not a lucrative endeavour, Ye...
5. People brainstormed possible inspirations
6. Has Kanye secretly been a troll the entire time?
7. Or was dressing as Perrier a tongue-in-cheek reference of his recent 'Ye' rebranding?
8. People were having fun
9. Then again, at least Ye looked happy
10. People want a Kanye TV series