Yacedrah Williams accidentally used the adhesive that is meant to repair broken fingernails, instead of the lubricating eye drops for her contact lens.
Williams told Detroit news outlet WXYZ, the incident begun when she woke up in the middle of the night with dry eyes and wanted to take her contacts out. In her sleepy state, she confused the two bottles in her bag and grabbed out the wrong one.
Williams said she realised she had grabbed the wrong bottle just as the glue fell into her eye.
“I was like, ‘Oh my goodness!’ “ she said. “It dropped in my eye and I tried to wipe it away.”
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- These are the most popular baby names from the year you were born
- The 7 questions that will reveal if someone is a narcissist
- Comedian Bill Maher under fire for making transphobic jokes about Caitlyn Jenner
- Man explains why he refused to give pregnant woman his seat on the bus
But it was too late, her eye was already sealed shut. Panic started to kick in as Williams screamed for her husband to call 911.
Williams recalled. “I just started throwing cold water, and I was trying to pull my eyes apart but couldn’t.”
“It was completely shut,” she added.
Williams was then rushed to into hospital, where doctors were able to open her eye and remove the glue-covered contact lens.
Despite losing some of her eyelashes in the incident, Williams’ vision was completely fine.
“They said that actually, the contacts saved my vision,” she told WXYZ. “They had to pull on it and flip the top of my lid.”
After the distressing ordeal, Williams vowed to “never” keep both her eye drops and nail glue together in the same purse again.
“I don’t think I’ll even have nail glue anymore,” she added.
We don’t blame her to be honest.