The classic 2007 coming of age film Superbad is definitely one of the many comedy films that can withstand the test of time.
According to science, it has now also been ranked as the funniest movie of all time. Which, to be honest, feels like a stretch. But go with us on this...
The movie stars Michael Cera, Seth Rogan, and Jonah Hill chronicles high school seniors who struggle with separation anxiety but end up planning to throw a boozy party that ultimately takes a complete left turn, leading them down a path of adventure.
According to experts at OnBuy Movies, Superbad earned the top spot of funniest films.
How did they uncover this?
The experts took a look at the IMDb reviews and isolated the top 125 films that were listed in the comedy category.
- Gen Z now has a word for millennials who try too hard: cheugy
- Ben Affleck sent a video to a woman after she unmatched him on dating app assuming his profile was a catfish
- Here are the most difficult place names in the UK to pronounce
- Scientists tried and failed to stop a ‘deadly asteroid strike’ in worrying hypothetical exercise
- Cleaner’s brutal note to ‘cruel’ manager after last shift goes viral
They then examined all the reviews and counted how many times the word “funny”, or a synonym, appeared.
The experts found, using their questionable, bro-science method, that Superbad was the funniest film of all time due to the 250 reviews with funny or a synonym within it.
Superbad beat films such as The Hangover and Step Brothers, to name a couple.
The film that came in second was Deadpool starring Ryan Reynolds. It received 233 reviews that stated it was ‘funny.’
And last but not least, the 1985 film Back to the Future starring Michael J. Fox came in third with 147 reviews calling it funny.
Did your favorite movie make the cut?