According to reporting by the Associated Press, a jogger discovered what they believed to be a hand grenade in the forest near the town of Passau. After becoming concerned that it was a dangerous bomb, the relevant authorities were called.
However, other clues picked up in the surrounding area led them to believe that it was not a bomb at all, or even a danger, despite being shaped like a hand grenade.
The local newspaper Passauer New Presse, through the NY Daily News, reported that the jogger “came across the item in a plastic bag, which also contained two unused condoms, a USB cable and an empty tube of lubricant.”
Pascal Thibault, a reporter for Radio France International Germany posted a photo of the items on Twitter.
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- American woman accidentally goes viral for her pronunciation of Caffe Nero
- Joe Biden’s first 100 days: How Trump’s early days scandals compare to president’s
- Couple discovers entire hidden bathroom while renovating their house
- Babysitter discovered cameras in her boyfriend’s relative’s house and it sparked a whole debate
After a quick Google, it was concluded that it was not a bomb, but rather a rubber sex toy.
“There are actually sex toys in the form of hand grenades,” the police said on Tuesday, which is something we might keep in mind the next time we are out and about, but surely it's better to be safe than sorry?
According to AP, there are still explosives left over from World War II all around Germany, such as in Frankfurt, where a 1,100-pound bomb was defused back in December. It led to 13,000 people being evacuated and trains were halted.
Last October, a bomb exploded in Poland, which luckily, no one was hurt.