This time around it’s Chewbacca, the giant growling Wookie and Han Solo’s best mate from the hit film series, Star Wars.
In a tweet by the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD), the force – not that one – said: “NOPD looking for street performer who wears a Star Wars Chewbacca costume, believed to be unknown Black male in his 20s. Subject is suspected of stabbing victim [with] knife during altercation on 24 Apil.”
Nola.com reports that a witness saw the head of the performer’s costume coming off during the altercation, which lead to a description of the subject being provided.
Despite the severity of the crime, Twitter users couldn’t help but poke fun at the alleged criminal’s choice of attire, with some claiming they had an idea of the person’s whereabouts:
- 13 of the best reactions to Boris Johnson and Carrie Symond’s ‘John Lewis nightmare’
- Mum lets daughter’s ex continue to live with them – and it’s sparked a major online debate
- Viral video shows police officer ‘racially profiling’ Black man at diner
- Justin Bieber shows off new dreadlocks – and is accused of cultural appropriation
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
Others questioned whether a knife was really Chewie’s alleged choice of weapon:
The condition of the victim is unknown.