Broadcast interviews between journalists and politicians are often awkward, but you don’t often hear a politician swearing at their interviewer.
Asked whether he would ever run for office again, a sombre Boehner said: “I’d rather set myself on fire than run for office again.”
After Todd admitted he had asked the question to illicit a response like that, Boehner said: “you’re a s**t” twice, barely smiling.
- Woman speechless after hairdresser edits selfie of her new hairstyle
- Heartbreaking picture shows Queen sitting alone ahead of Philip’s funeral – here’s how the Internet reacted
- Neighbour’s note urging woman to dump ‘whiny’ boyfriend sparks domestic abuse debate
- The 18 best memes and reactions as M&S declares war on Aldi over Colin the Caterpillar
- Reddit just realized that Jerry Seinfeld’s TV apartment defies the laws of science
Boehner’s appearance came as part of a book tour. His memoir On the House: A Washington Memoir, was released last week and therefore he is doing the rounds promoting it.
But clearly the Republican grandee is tiring of his chats with journalists, and isn’t afraid to let that be known.
And reacting to the clip, people on social media found it funny. One questioned:
But others thought it was wrong to laugh with the Republican, who voted for Trump, is against abortion and wanted to repeal Obamacare, among other controversies.
One person posted:
For his part, having been sworn at, Todd laughed and replied: “I assume I’m getting that as a compliment. I’ll take that as a backhanded compliment.”
We can’t think why.