“She was actually trying to take my spot.” She wrote in the caption.
If that was not egregious enough, Paula’s mother-in-law wore white on her big day, a well known social faux pas for weddings.
- ‘The Circle’ apartment is a catfish - here’s where it’s actually filmed
- The 18 best memes and reactions as M&S declares legal war on Aldi over Colin the Caterpillar
- Reddit just realized that Jerry Seinfeld’s TV apartment defies the laws of science
- 20 jokes only very intelligent people will understand
- Ex-McDonald’s employee reveals Sundays are the worst day of the week to order
Paula’s mother-in-law is nothing but determined and was only stopped from nestling her way literally in between the couple by the minister who was holding the service. He asked her to “back up”.
“I felt her, the grim reaper on my back for the whole ceremony,” Paula wrote.
Since it was uploaded, it has got over 285,000 likes and over 3,500 comments by people who were blown away by the mother-in-law’s behaviour.
Few were amazed at Paula’s ability to hold her tongue in whereas others were shocked at the silence of the husband.
“There’s no way I would have stayed quiet. If me telling her to back up caused problems it would have been over then.” One person wrote.
“And your spouse stood there and did nothing.” Another said.
A third simply wrote, “Honestly, if my mother-in-law wore white to my wedding I will shut down the whole place saying we aren’t getting married today and just walk away.”