Kells Tate had intended for her child to be called Kora (though not after The Legend of Korra), but the mishap means the baby shares her name with a US nu metal band famous for hits such as “Coming Undone” and “Falling Away From Me”
Sharing the news to Twitter, Tate wrote: “The hospital messed up my baby’s name and we just got the birth certificate and it’s Korn, my baby’s name is legally Korn.
“1) The name is supposed to be Kora, 2) Yes this should be easily fixed if we are fast! 3) There is a chance they may have had me double check this but to fair I was down a lot of blood at the time.”
It wasn’t long before people started to reference the nu metal band in response, and provide some Korny jokes and memes:
- 13 of the best reactions to Boris Johnson and Carrie Symond’s ‘John Lewis nightmare’
- Mum lets daughter’s ex continue to live with them – and it’s sparked a major online debate
- Viral video shows police officer ‘racially profiling’ Black man at diner
- Justin Bieber shows off new dreadlocks – and is accused of cultural appropriation
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
Others, meanwhile, pointed out another, simpler joke to be made:
Korn – the band, that is – are yet to respond to the mishap.