While this could be great news for the end of the pandemic, people on Twitter are more concerned that they cannot believe that the person with this job has the same name as the fictional potions teacher from the Harry Potter books:
Matthew Snape is not a fictional potions teacher but a vaccines expert and a paediatrician based in Oxford, not Hogwarts. If the fictional Professor Snape was real, he would perhaps also be well-suited for the role, given his prowess in potions.
And regardless of his achievements, it seems Matthew Snape will best known for sharing his last name with the famous character.
- TikTok user reveals ‘dirty’ meaning behind ‘Macarena’ and people’s childhoods are ruined
- Orlando Bloom’s reply to fiancée Katy Perry nails the banality of long-term relationships
- Reddit just realized that Jerry Seinfeld’s TV apartment defies the laws of science
- Woman arrested for refusing to return $1.2million deposited in her bank account by mistake
- 20 jokes only very intelligent people will understand
And he is not the only serious figure to share a name with a character from the books. Meet Harry Potter, barrister and legal historian:
We look forward to finding out that the coronavirus pandemic was started by Voldemort, and that Ron Weasley is running for leader of the Liberal Democrats. Because, why not.