Cobain died by suicide in 1994, while Farley died of a drug overdose three years later.
In a photo posted to Twitter on Sunday, Cudi showed a sign from the SNL set which reads: “Mind your head”, with the word ‘Farley’ scribbled next to it.
Responding to the outfit choices online, one Twitter user said: “Kid Cudi tapped nicely into our subconscious tonight, rockin’ a green mohair cardigan like Kurt. The Farley headshot tee was a nice touch, too.”
- 20 jokes only very intelligent people will understand
- TikToker documents monster attempt to eat 10,000 calories in a single day
- Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife called a woman to give her $8m with no strings attached
- Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards was unwittingly photobombed in latest Instagram snap
- Do NOT attempt TikTok’s ‘dangerous’ deep fried water trend, scientists warn
The above posts were just two of many praising the star for “rocking” a dress:
The performances were just one part of Saturday’s programme, which was co-hosted by Carey Mulligan.
At one point, the British actress’s monologue was gatecrashed by her husband and musician Marcus Mumford.
Speaking at the start of the show, Mulligan said: “[My husband] couldn’t be here tonight so he’s at home watching the children so hi, babe, love you.”
“Love you too. Hi, Carey! It’s me, Marcus Mumford from the band Mumford and Sons,” he replied from the audience.
Mumford then went on to pick up his acoustic guitar and play it as Mulligan proceeded to start the show.
Elsewhere, Saturday’s programme also saw actor Bowen Yang star as the iceberg which sunk the Titanic who was promoting their new dance album, and Call Me By Your Name’s Timothée Chalamet playing the flute:
No, we’re not quite sure why either.