The news comes as a surprise to fans because Del Rey recently dropped an album Chemtrails over the Country Club in March this year.
Although her fans are excited about receiving two LPs from the Grammy Award nominee within a few months of each other, many were unimpressed with the artwork for the new album and made their feelings clear on social media.
The album artwork for Blue Banisters features a portrait of Del Rey with white borders in each corner and quote marks on either side of the image and the title is at the bottom in a blue distinctive font, with swirls.
As Del Rey is known for her iconic imagery that accompanies her albums, her fans criticised the latest artwork - with some saying that it looked like Del Rey edited the image herself on her phone.
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- American woman accidentally goes viral for her pronunciation of Caffe Nero
- Joe Biden’s first 100 days: How Trump’s early days scandals compare to president’s
- Couple discovers entire hidden bathroom while renovating their house
- Babysitter discovered cameras in her boyfriend’s relative’s house and it sparked a whole debate
A petition has even been created in protest and already has over 1,300 signatures. It’s titled: “BAN LANA FROM PICSART,” Picsart is a mobile photo editing app.
Here are some of the fans reactions.
Some even made edits of their own to mock the artwork.
Others used their creative talents to completely redesign the album cover.
But there were some that appreciated Del Rey’s lack of production in regards to her album cover.
We will have to wait until 4th July to see if the actual music lives up to the fan’s expectations.