Sure, most of us haven’t had the best hair days over the past year, but we’d like to think it’s nothing a trip to the salon can’t fix.
Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case for one super-fluffy goldendoodle pup who was left unrecognisable after a trip to his local groomer.
Captioning the clip, she wrote: "We hoped Bear’s first trip to the groomer would go well.
"It did not. He now looks like the clown from IT."
- 13 of the best reactions to Boris Johnson and Carrie Symond’s ‘John Lewis nightmare’
- Mum lets daughter’s ex continue to live with them – and it’s sparked a major online debate
- Viral video shows police officer ‘racially profiling’ Black man at diner
- Justin Bieber shows off new dreadlocks – and is accused of cultural appropriation
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
By that she means the terrifying shapeshifting monster in Stephen King’s 1986 horror novel, which has spawned a number of screen adaptations.
Yassmin’s video racked up more than 88,000 views and 4,600 comments within a day of being posted, as fellow TikTokers shared their sympathies with the newly coiffed dog.
“Omg the way Bear looks so sad in the car,” one observed.
“He looks like Benjamin Franklin lol,” wrote another.
“Ahhhh literally taking my cavapoo to the groomers for his first groom, and this is the last thing I see before I go to bed,” another commented.
While a fourth mused: "He looks like he’s contemplating his entire existence.”
Some dog owners pointed out that “this only happens when the dogs are extremely matted underneath...get an undercoat brush."
Yassmin pointed out that she recognised the groomer had no choice but to shave him owing to a “large matte” in his fur.
But, she added: “That doesn’t mean I can’t laugh about how ridiculous he looks now."
In her caption to the clip, she asked viewers to "please pray for Bear”.
“Ain’t nothing wrong,” she continued. “He’s just a little ugly now."